Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thoughts

I am writing because I need to express the ideas - thoughts that continually run through my mind. I am not sure they are correct, but believe that in carefully thinking them through I will have a greater understanding of God's truth. These thoughts are numerous and I'm not sure of some smooth way to write them down thus I'll write them down -Bullet form with no particular order and adding new thoughts as they come along.

1 -Is the Bible "The word of God"? I am not sure of the texts perfection. I do believe that the men who wrote the books were inspired. I do believe that there is much wisdom and truth written in the Bible and that with the Holy Spirit great holy truth can be found. I do not know where the term "Word of God" started. I find it to be incomplete. In other words I am certain that us humans can not be full with all the knowledge and depths of God from one or thousands of books. I think many religions would have us believe in a finality of God tied to the Bible. My thoughts are that it is a great place to start -An introduction to God and some of his word. To get to know God more fully we must invite him into our lives.

2 -Jesus is the way and the truth. Often people think that Christianity is the only true religion - The religion where Christ is our Savior. But Christ came to save all -and a man whom proclaims another or no religion whom seeks truth and God might be Jesus's brother. Is it not better to live a life walking with God humbly or is it better to know all of God's names and rules yet not understand His love.

3 -Seek God's will. Where would we seek? Where is God? God "The Holy Spirit" can be alive within you. Have you received the Baptism of Fire?

4 -Many followings/rules which we follow in order to be lawful seem odd to me.
Such as (just to name a few):
-No eating meat on Fridays during Lent
-Structure of Mass/Service
-Proclaiming Creeds
-Communion being very reverent and penitent -and that dipping cup. Instead of being a meal shared with friends.
Structure and order can be great, but we should strive for balance with simplicity - allowing for the Spirit to move.
It seems to me we like defining God and how God calls us to behave and act.
-Seems to me that this often causes division. Maybe we shouldn't make people live by our definitions.

5 -Is God present at all times and places? How often are we in his presence? How often do we stop, lower all our defenses and simply allow His Spirit to surround and penetrate are being?
Ephesians 4:6 "One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
In all things?
We take delight in His presence and in all things we delight in God's creation. In other words a thing might remind us of God's goodness. But God's Spirit reigns within the heart's of men.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I believe that Jesus is the way, accroding to "God's Word", or the Bible per God's inspiration through the Holy Spirit. I don't know why we have customs and rituals and need to go through a pastor, minister or preist to get to God. When Jesus dies on the cross and rose again, he openned the door form me. I have been born again and I am no longer a gentile, but a Jesus Christian. He is my savior. People don't realize that when Jesus died on the cross and then resurrected, that He opened His arms to all humanity. God is a God of love and compassion, but also a rigid and just God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment -first one :)
    Jesus makes way and invites the family.
    When will we learn we are all family.

    ReplyDelete